Monday, January 28, 2013

Sometimes Life Throws You a Curveball (OR: What I've Learned In The Last Week)

Hey There, Sisters Whom I Love So Much...

My apologies for being just a day or so late on my Blog post... The past 48 hours haven't exactly been the easiest. My position with my company was eliminated; I lost job. My very first "big girl" job, right out of college. I was pretty well crushed... I've never been "laid off" or anything really even remotely along those lines. And quite frankly, I feel a little lost... Where do I go from here? Should I go back to school for my Masters? Why is the Ohio Unemployment website so un-user friendly? On the upside, I guess, I now have a lot more time on my hands, which I plan on spending with my Sisters when I'm not applying for jobs or going on any interviews.

But what this super crappy situation has made me realize, is that I am incredibly blessed. Even though I'm feeling pretty lost, adrift in a sea of uncertainty, so to speak, I have an amazing network of support who have made themselves known to me in so many ways. Not the least of this network have been my sisters. I have said it before, and I will continue to say it... I don't know where I'd be without my sisters. They are there for me in both hard times, and in times of celebration... there for me as a shoulder to lean and cry on, or as a congratulatory hug and handshake. I know that, no matter what, I will ALWAYS have them in my life. And that is something truly, truly special.

Sisters who are nearing the end of their college careers, I urge you... Do not simply graduate and leave your chapters. Stay in touch. Go back for Degrees or Homecoming, Alumni events or your Chapter's Charter Date Celebration... even for just a random Chapter meeting. Whatever it is... go. You will not regret it. And you will realize how truly special your sisters are to you.

And for those of you who still have 2, 3, 4 or more years left to go... Don't ever take your Sisters for granted. They will walk into your life when it seems like everyone else has walked out.

On a completely different note...

At this point, all chapters should have received your NCD Awards Packets in the mail. Please bring those, along with any questions you may have, with you to Leadership Workshop next weekend!! I am so, so excited to spend the weekend with everyone, and I will be there to answer any questions about Awards.

As always, if you have any questions, or ever need anything, please don't hesitate to give me a call, send me a text or shoot me an email.

So Very Much Love In The Bond,

Elise Mahr

No comments:

Post a Comment