Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fresh Semester, Fresh Start!


Hello there, NCD!

I hope everyone’s classes are off to a great start, and I know we’re all getting ready for lots of service projects, workshops, and sisterhood! Personally, I’m getting ready for Leadership Retreat, Blocks, and Convention! Tomorrow, my chapter (Eta Zeta) starts its first big service project of the semester – updating the practice rooms! Look for our before and after pictures online in the near future!

With the start of a new semester, I thought I’d take some time to talk about time management, especially as Sisters and musicians. For freshmen that are reading this post, I bet there some things you learned last semester NOT to do as a college student, am I right? Here are some quick tips about managing classes, rehearsals, performances, and TBS!

  • ·      Get a planner and use it! A beautiful leather-bound planner doesn’t help you if it’s never opened.
  • ·      Have a regular sleep schedule. Sleeping in on Sunday is a glorious thing, but it really throws your body out of whack for Monday morning classes.
  • ·      Schedule practice time like it’s a class. If you put your practice time in your new awesome planner, it’s a part of your day!
  • ·      Write down event dates at chapter meetings. When your Service Chair announces the date of a service project, make sure you get the information as soon as they announce it!
  • ·      Plan for fun! College should be an awesome 4 (or 5, or 6) years of your life. Make sure you have time to relax with friends, and hopefully Sisters!



Second Degree with my trombone ladies! From left: Kristen, Me, Michaela, and Elani.



No comments:

Post a Comment