Sunday, December 9, 2012

Our First Post! Welcome!


Welcome to our blog, North Central District! 

The district officers and I will be using this blog to let everyone know what we’ve been up to and what plans we have for the future. First, I’d like to start by introducing myself.

            I am a student at Illinois State University, majoring in Family and Consumer Science Education. I am in my 6th year of school (yes, you read that right), obtaining my second bachelor degree, as my first was in Food Science and Nutrition, with an associate degree in Culinary Arts. I hope to be a FCS teacher in a high school, and do home cooking demonstrations and lessons for adults. I love to cook and bake, and I especially love cooking for others. I am an avid reader and one of my favorite authors is Jodi Picoult. I love spending time with my sisters, who are some of my best friends!

            I am extremely excited for this spring semester of events, including convention in Lexington, KY April 5th-7th (mark your calendars!). My hope is that everyone who attends each event will be able to bring some piece of education or information home to their own chapter. I am currently working on Leadership retreat, which is scheduled for February 2nd, at Eastern Illinois University. More information to come!

Happy Holidays!


Love in the Bond,

Carrie Lund


 My sister Beth and I at our ISU Band Award Ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment