Thursday, December 27, 2012

Elise's First Post (OR: Why it's so awesome to be a TBS Life Member)

Hey there, NCD!!

I'm Elise Mahr, Tau Beta Sigma NCD 2012 - 13 Vice President of Special Projects! I guess I'll follow suit and tell you a little myself...

As of this past May, I can finally call myself an Alumni of Bowling Green State University and the Alpha Xi Chapter of TBS. I have a BA in Popular Culture with a minor in Psychology. I'm a Life Member and a member of TBSAA - and you should be too!! Currently I'm a leasing agent at a luxury apartment community in Perrysburg, Ohio (just a few minutes North of BG) with the Miller-Valentine Group, but I am working toward getting on with either a non-profit or a University doing some form of Human Resources or Public Relations. 

I'm a band nerd (naturally), a self-proclaimed "foodie", a Pinterest addict, a dog person, and lover of all things pink and cupcake-themed. I live in BG with my brother Nick, who is a Freshman at BGSU, and a member of the Falcon Marching Band Drumline (snare, for anyone who is interested). When I'm not working with my awesome fellow TBS NCD council or at my office, I'm usually baking something entirely too decadent, cooking something delicious for myself, Nick and boyfriend John to share for dinner, playing that stupidly addicting Trivia Game at B-Dubs with my Alpha Xi loves,or watching American Horror Story with some other old Alpha Xi Alumni sisters :-) 

Right now, I am finishing getting the Awards Packets ready to go for this year's NCD Convention!! I'll be going over the awards in depth at Leadership, and I'm MORE than willing to answer any questions you may have on applying for awards or anything else award-related. I have also been working on a means to help implement Scouting for Music programs throughout the District. Look for a SfM "buddy system" coming this Block season!! 

I'm loving the opportunity to serve on District Council once again, and I simply can't wait to see everyone at this year's District Events!! 

MLITB,

Elise Mahr
2012-13 TBS NCD VPSP

L to R: Katie Weiss, Megan Persinger, Elise Mahr
Me with 2 of my best friends and closest sisters at Alpha Xi's Second Degree - We're all old Alumni now!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment